T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
February 2012 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
February 2012 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
February 2012 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
February 2012 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
February 2012 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
February 2012 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
February 2012 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
February 2012 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
February 2012 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

February 2012 NEWSLETTER

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-28

February 2012 NEWSLETTER Empty
PostSubject: February 2012 NEWSLETTER   February 2012 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:48 pm

T-Twister Feb. 2012 Newsletter
As we were paying out after the January general meeting, Al and I were visiting with Dennis and Denise, when we noticed a young boy, maybe around 10, scanning a ticket at the lotto machine. He would put the ticket under the light for a few seconds, pull it out and look at it. Then he would stick it back under the light and repeat the process. Dennis asked him what he was doing, and this youngster gave us a lesson in modern technology. Seem the machine will tell you if you're a winner or not, by simply reading the bar code on the ticket! Dennis had to give it a trial run, it cost him the price of a new ticket to find out the boy was right. Sure made me feel a little...dated?!?!
'Tis that time again, time to pay the piper! And the name of our piper is MARIO!! If you haven't paid your dues yet, now's the time to do so. I'm working on the 2012 membership list, and the dues must be paid for your name to be on the list, so...chop chop!! Let's all get paid up!
The 20th anniversary patches for our vests have been ordered, and you must be a PAID member to get yours! There is no cost to the member for this patch, the Club is footing this bill. We're also getting some really nice 20th anniversary BLACK HATS, that can only be had by winning them at a meeting!! So be sure and come to the meeting to see what's going on!!
There is a proposed change to the Club Constitution. Be at the meeting to learn what the changes will be, and to vote your choice. WEAR YOUR VESTS IF YOU PLAN TO VOTE. It IS in the Constitution that colors must be worn in order to vote.
We will be hosting the TMRA Area "D" Chili cook off at Water Valley in March. Plans for this event will be finalized at the general meeting, so if you DON'T want to be volunteered for something, be at the meeting!
It's hard to believe, but riding season is just around the corner. If your beloved bike has been put away for the winter be sure to give it a good "once over" before taking off down the highway for the first time. I know you're all VERY experienced riders, but anyone can make a mistake. Don't be in such a hurry to ride that the "mistake" made, is yours!
Upcoming events:
Feb. 3 General Meeting 7:30 Warfield
Feb. 4-5 TMRA Board Meeting Belton
Feb. 21 Officers Meeting 7:15 Warfield
March 2-4 TMRA Chili cook off and Area D meeting Water Valley
March 11 Long John Run 972-642-3094 (Yoder) Ft. Worth
Here's a chuckle!!
My teacher asked what my favorite animal was, and I said "Fried chicken." She said I wasn't very funny, but she couldn't have been right because everyone laughed. My parents told me to always tell the truth. I did. Fried chicken IS my favorite animal. I told my Dad what happened and he said that she was probably a member of PETA. He said they love animals very much. I do, too. Especially chicken, pork, and beef. Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office. I told him what happened and he laughed too. Then he told me not to do it again.
The next day my teacher asked me what my favorite animal was. I told her it was chicken. She asked me why and I told her it was because you could make it into fried chicken. She sent me back to the principal's office. He laughed and told me not to do it again.
I don't understand. My parents tought me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am.
Today my teacher asked us to tell her what famous person we admire the most. I told her "Colonel Sanders."
Guess where I am now...
Just a thought...
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF?....
If all the napping members would wake up
And all the mediocre members would fire up
And all the disgruntled members would shape up
And all the depressed members would open up
And all the estranged members would make up
And, all the agitators would lighten up
And all the delinquents would catch up
WHAT A FINE ORGANIZATION WE WOULD HAVE!!!!
Can we do it?
Well folks, that's it for this month. I can't believe that I lost my birthday list, but happy birthday anyway, to anyone that has a birthday in Feb!!
Remember to ride safe and keep the shiny side up!
Mary T.
Back to top Go down
https://t-twisters.forumotion.com

February 2012 NEWSLETTER
Page 1 of 1