T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
May Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
May Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
May Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
May Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
May Newsletter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
May Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
May Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
May Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
May Newsletter Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

May Newsletter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-28

May Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: May Newsletter   May Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:32 pm

May 2012 T-Twister Newsletter

“Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appeared for a little while, and then vanishes away.”
James 4:14

Sincere condolences go out to Wilma Cline on the recent death of her Dad, and also to Mike Williams on the recent death of his brother. I struggle, at times like these, to say something that will ease the pain. I’ve come to understand that there isn’t anything I can say. The pain will soften over time, with God’s help. Just know that this is the natural order of things, is bury our parents, then our siblings. Sad, but true.
Bob and Jan Walker are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary! WOW! What an accomplishment! In today’s world, people get married with the thought in the back of their mind, “if we can’t get along, we’ll just get a divorce!” They don’t listen to the vows that come out of their mouth, or think about what those vows mean. So, CONGRATULATINS to you guys, for sticking it out through the tough times!!

Their children are having a celebration in their honor. It’s going to be on May 12th, from 1:00 to 4:00pm, at 1502 Alpine St, in Odessa. All T-Twisters are invited! Let’s all go and share in the happiness!

Directions to the party from Midland: Come into Odessa on 191 (42nd St). At the intersection of 42nd and Glendale (Big Methodist church on corner), turn right onto Glendale, and immediately turn left on Alpine. They’re the 4th house on the left.
The T-Twister camp out for June is going to be in Camp Wood at the Wes Cooksey RV Park. It’s going to be the 2nd weekend of June. Al and I are going up on Saturday the 2nd and coming home on the 10th. I just spoke with Mrs. Neuman who runs the park, and she said she WILL take reservations early if you are willing to pay the entire fee IN ADVANCE! If you’re over 55, the fee is $18.00 per night, and for you “youngsters” out there, it’ll cost you 20.00 per night. I made my reservations! The park phone number is 830-597-3223-1. The last number will stop the recording that comes on after the phone starts to ring. Be sure to ask what the rules are if you’re planning on bringing your pet. I’m already excited about it!!
The TMRA State Rally turned out to be enjoyed by everyone. Al, Ed, Mario, Tom and Tommye, Charlie and Johnny attended and of course, when you’re on a bike, that’s when you win the BIG prizes! Our very own Ed Dailing won the (possibly) last cedar chest that will be given away at this rally. So how did he get it home? Mario!! The only T-Twister that took a truck. Many thanks, Mario, for being such a good sport and helping out! And, oh yeah, Mario, is that the reason you were “spotlighted” in the middle of the night in your pretty blue underwear?? A little bird done told me all about it!
That same birdie told me that the big poker winner for the weekend was Charlie!
Ed told me that the weather was nice except for the wind blowing hard and the little spit of rain they got Sunday morning as they were folding up the campers. I sure wish ya’ll had brought some of that home with you!
We need to start looking for silent auction gifts for the cook off in October. I know that seems like it’s a long way off yet, but it’s gonna be here before we realize it. Charlie is in charge of the raffle tickets, so get a book or two from him and start selling!
The Memorial Day Red River trip is still being planned. If you’d like to tag along with Ed and Al and Mario and Robert Dale, get in contact with them and find out what the plans are.
The dinner ride to Mi Piaci’s last Saturday, again, wasn’t very well attended. Ed and Nola, Al and I, with visitors Jim and Carla. We had a good time getting to know them, and turns out they know a lot of the same people we do. It was kinda like “old home week!” Guys, you’re sure missing out on a good time, and good fellowship when you skip the dinner ride! I KNOW that things get in the way sometimes, but if your afternoon is open, then come on out and let’s spend some time together again!
UPCOMING EVENTS:
May 4th General meeting Warfield 7:30
May 5th Sam’s 750-15 ride Warfield 6:00 am
May 12 Bob and Jan’s party 1502 Alpine St. Odessa 1-4 come and go
May 17-20 Ruidoso Aspencash Rally
May 22 Officers meeting Warfield 7:30
May 25-27 Red River Rally talk to Ed or Al

I just found out that Tom Jones hurt his knee at the Sweetwater Rooster Rally last weekend (April21-22), and has had surgery since to repair all the damage. Love ya, TJ‘s and if there’s anything we can do to help out, just let us know!!

And finally,

Today I wish you a day of ordinary miracles ~
A fresh pot of coffee you didn't make yourself....
An unexpected phone call from an old friend....
Green stoplights on your way to work....
The fastest line at the grocery store.....
A good sing-along song on the radio..
Your keys found right where you left them.

That’s it for this month, guys! Don’t let the wind blow you away.
Ride safe and keep the shiny side up!
Love ya!
Mary T.
Back to top Go down
https://t-twisters.forumotion.com

May Newsletter
Page 1 of 1