T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
Oct 2012 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
Oct 2012 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
Oct 2012 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
Oct 2012 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
Oct 2012 Newsletter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
Oct 2012 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
Oct 2012 Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
Oct 2012 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
Oct 2012 Newsletter Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Oct 2012 Newsletter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Oct 2012 Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Oct 2012 Newsletter   Oct 2012 Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:55 am

October 1012 T-Twister Newsletter
IMPORTANT: We now have a new day and time for out general meetings. We will be meeting on the first SATURDAY of every month, at 10:30 am, at Casa Lopez in Midland. We are hoping everyone will come prepared to ride, 'cause we will be riding SOMEWHERE after the meeting!!
I GOOFED!! In the last newsletter I said that the Chili cookoff was the first weekend in October...boy was I wrong! After all these years you'd think I'd know better! The chili cookoff is the THIRD weekend in October!! I stand corrected!!
Our condolances go out to Bobby Hunt and his family on the recent loss of his teenage granddaughter in a car accident. Our prayers are with you.
Mel just lost her sister, Janice, after a long battle with cancer. Prayers and condolences go out to you, also.
Ruidoso campout...Ed, Eddie, Smurf, Tracey, Al, Mary, Mario...heard that Jim and Carla were there but didn't see them. We left the house Thursday morning at 6, and yes, it was raining, but not too hard. We met Ed, Smurf and Tracey in Andrews. About 10 miles east of Tatum we hit the only HARD rain of the trip, but by the time we gassed up (where Mario caught up with us in his truck) and ate breakfast, it was just drizzling again. From Roswell all the way to Capitan, it was a steady rain, and getting noticeably colder. When we pulled into the campground I could truly say I was cold. We set up camp in the rain, and Tracey warmed up the pot of stew she had brought. Did it ever hit the spot!!
Now, for all of you that stayed home because of the weather, and thought about us with sympathy on Friday and Saturday while it was cold and rainy here, in Ruidoso Friday dawned with blue skies and bright sunshine!! It was absolutely beautiful! We got in a lot of miles and were actually able to enjoy riding because the temperature was perfect. Saturday started out cold enough that there was ice on the windshields and tents (Sunday also) but the day warmed up quickly and was glorious. It was a perfect Rally weekend, the best in years. Thank you, Lord!
For those of you that don't already know, we have first grandbabies coming to two T-Twister families. Congratulations go out to Eddie and Wilma, and also Smurf and Tracey on their upcoming babies!
Mike and Mel took a week off to do some traveling and camping. They spent about 10 days up in the beautiful Colorado countryside, camping around Lake City. Mel has posted some good pictures on the Forum. Check out the picture of the dragon Mike had to fight for her!!
The third weekend of October is coming up FAST!! It's time for our Chili cookoff again, and I'm looking forward to it. PLEASE check to see if you have any items you'd be willing to donate for the silent auction. The items can be new, or gently used. We need volunteers to make cakes for the cake auction, (can be cookies, brownies, breads, pies, etc.) The more, the better! If you don't have a way to get them to Water Valley, contact me or Ed or Eddie. Also, if you've checked out any tickets for the VISA card drawing, lets try to get them sold, and if you haven't gotten any tickets to sell yet, check with Shirley to see how many she's got left.
RAIN!! RAIN and more RAIN!! I have not gotten the amount that you people east of us has gotten...but our total is now 5.30" in the past 36 hours. I am praying that the watershed area has gotten this much, and MORE! I thank God for His abundance and mercy, for every drop He has allowed to fall on the areas that need it so badly!
A Beautiful poem, with Food For Thought:
If you were lost in darkness and night, with no one to show you the way, would you want someone to bring you a light? And wouldn't you want it today? If no one had told you of Jesus at all, His love, His compassion, His death, Oh wouldn't you want the message to come before you had drawn your last breath? If, sinking in evil traditions, you were bound by what you believed, Helpless and hopeless, oh, wouldn't you want a chance, at least, to be freed? Would you want them to wait with the message of Hope, while you were dying and lost? Oh, I know that your answer would ring through the gloom, "Please sent it at any cost!" So, let's send God's Salvation to the people in need, His light that will show them the way! For if it were YOU in darkness and night, you'd want it! You'd want it today!
And finally, I want to give Mel, and Shirley and Tracey each a huge "Thank-you" for filling in for me the past 3 months! I don't know what I'd have done without you ladies! I promise to TRY not to let anything like this happen again! Love you all!!
Well guys, I guess that's it for this month. PLEASE don't forget the new time and location for the general meetings...first Saturday of the month, at Casa Lopez in Midland, at 10:30. And let's plan on a ride afterwards! See ya there!
Back to top Go down
https://t-twisters.forumotion.com

Oct 2012 Newsletter
Page 1 of 1