T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
November 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
November 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
November 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
November 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
November 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
November 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
November 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
November 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
November 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

November 2014 Newsletter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-28

November 2014 Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: November 2014 Newsletter   November 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:33 am

Nov. 2014 T-Twister Newsletter
The Club's September campout to Harper was awesome! The people that made it was Pete; Ed and Nola; Eddie Ray, Wilma and friend Norm; Charles and Shirley; Terry and Tracie; Smurf and Tracey; Ronnie; Eddie, Anita and brother Ector; and Dennis made it on Saturday.
Shirley reported that Thursdays supper was tacos that she and Charles furnished. Friday they got up and rode part of the Three Sisters, visiting Medina, Vanderpool and Leaky, and yes, they did get rained on!! Some of the ladies opted to go to Fredricksburg instead. The menu Friday night was by Tom and Tommye; brisket and the fixins! Smurf came up with an apple pie for dessert that was appreciated by all!
Saturday's ride went toward Doss, Llano, back to Johnson City where they picniced at LBJ park. Shirley said it was a beautiful area. Supper Saturday night was by Ronnie and the boys, where they turned the leftovers into a wonderful stew, with beans and cornbread.
The guys played poker both nights, and Ector Marin was top winner. The ladies played LRC (quarters), and Tracie Bates was the winner there.
And of course, the real world has to turn back up, so Sunday was time to head home. God blessed this weekend with no problems and a safe trip home. Thank you, Lord!
And a huge "THANK YOU!!!" to Tom and Tommye, for opening their hearts and their home to the T-Twisters that weekend. We are FAMILY!!  
P.S. Ed said one of the things he enjoyed the most was not having to fight 5000 other bikes on the road, and having beautiful NEW scenery to look at!
The October 2014 Chili Cookoff is now in the history book! It was a very successful one and the weather couldn't have been better if we'd ordered it. I didn't get to go down Friday night, but drove over Saturday morning with my daughters. It was great getting to spend time with them, although I was pretty busy with the activities.
We had 27 T-Twisters present; Mike and Mel, Mario, Dennis and Denise, Pete P., Patty W., Jan and Bob, Mary T, Derrell, Tracie and Smurf, Tracey and Terry, Tom and Tommye, Charles and Shirley, Ronnie, Eddie and Anita, Ed and Jr.,  Jim and Carla and Eddie Ray. Friends and family were Cathy Stephenson, Tish and Nicky, (my daughters) Cody, Harley and Paisley Upshaw (Smurf and Tracie's kids) Norman Bennett, friend of Eddie Ray, and Colter (Pete's sidekick)
This years winner of the Chili Cookoff was Greg Cole from Fluvanna, Tx. Second place went to Ronnie,  3rd was Tommye J., 4th was Ed Dailing and Tom J. rounded out the group by taking 5th.
Winner of the beans was Greg Cole again!! Ronnie S. took 2nd and Tom was 3rd. And believe me, guys, this years chili and beans was the best yet!! Great job!!
And the greatly anticipated answer to the burning question of, "Who won the $500.00 gift card?"  was...(drum roll)...DAVID LEWIS of Midland...AGAIN!! Yep, that's right! The same David Lewis who won 2 years ago!! And he wasn't even there!
It was great to see Mike and Mel again, Mike's been dealing with severe asthma, and it looks like he will continue to do so. We were hoping that Brois would be able to make it, but her health just wouldn't let her. Johnny Davis and wife Tammy have both been having a rough go of it, with heart problems and Johnny's recent heart attack.  
A short meeting was held, and we discussed the March 2015 Chili Cookoff and the Oct. 2015 Chili cookoff. Happy Birthday was sang to several October birthday babies, and Ed introduced our newest member, John Whan. John has came to the Chili cookoffs over the past several years, and he decided to become a part of us!! So a great big "WELCOME" to John and his wife Dede, from San Angelo!!**************************************************************************
The "Day of Destruction" is only two weeks away (as I write this). I am excited, it's something I've wanted for a LONG time! My place will look SO much better with this eyesore gone, and I think my neighbors will appreciate it being gone also.
So, the plans are as follows: on Nov. 1st we will have a short general meeting at my house at 9:00am. I'll have coffee and donuts to munch on and then around noonish we'll have burgers and cowboy beans. I'll supply the meat, bread, chips, water and tea for whoever wants it. Denise volunteered to bring the veggies for the burgers. If you want anything special to drink, please bring it. We could use tater salad, cornbread, and a couple desserts. I don't have any idea on how many to expect, so we'll just play it by ear.

Please bring a Birthday card to the meeting, filled out to Tom Webb. His 80th (?) birthday is the first weekend of November, and Ronnie is going to take all of our b-day cards over to him after he leaves the Day of Destrution!
I am ALSO looking forward to the November Ladies Weekend!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT...
Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we flipped through it several times a day?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?

What if we used it when we traveled?

What if we used it in case of emergency?

This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible?

Oh, and one more thing.

Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected, because Jesus already paid the bill

Well, guys, that's it for this month. Take care, be careful and remember to keep the shiny side up!
Mary T.
Back to top Go down
https://t-twisters.forumotion.com

November 2014 Newsletter
Page 1 of 1