T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
July Newsletter 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
July Newsletter 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
July Newsletter 2015 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
July Newsletter 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
July Newsletter 2015 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
July Newsletter 2015 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
July Newsletter 2015 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
July Newsletter 2015 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
July Newsletter 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

July Newsletter 2015

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-28

July Newsletter 2015 Empty
PostSubject: July Newsletter 2015   July Newsletter 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm

July 2015 T-Twister Newsletter
First and foremost, there is NO JULY GENERAL MEETING!!
There IS a meeting at Casa Lopez on July 11th, 10:30 am, for the people that are planning on going to Ruidoso on the 17-19 of July. It's gonna be another great weekend camp out with good friends and fun.
The ride to see "Texas" was a GREAT trip! We reserved 30 tickets, and 30 people got to go. Ed and Nola, Terry and Tracie, Eddie and Anita, Derrell and Brenda, Russell and Linda, Pete and Janice, Greg and Debi, Charles and Shirley, Bobby and Peggy, Tom and Tommye, Mike and Mel, Chuck, Ronnie, Pete P, Tracey, Patty, Dede Whan and her cousin Cleta, and Mary T.
We left Midland at 7:30 Saturday morning, and it was a cool ride most of the way. We picked up Greg and Debi Cole in La Mesa, and caught up with Dede Whan and her cousin Cleta at Tolia. Mike and Mel, and Pete P had gone up Friday.
We got to the motel a little early, but they were gracious and we were able to get into our rooms with out much wait. We left for the canyon about 4:30 and were there in plenty of time to get great parking spaces.
The BBQ dinner was not bad! We were hungry, and there's just something about eating outside! The only complaint I heard was about the peach cobbler, but I chose cherry and it was good. I had a good time visiting with, and getting to know our prospects. They are truly going to be an asset to the Club!!
The play started at 8:30 and it was awesome, as usual. This is the 50th anniversary of the play, so there were some things added that were special for the event. The fireworks and water show at the end was spectacular! If you've never seen the show, you need to put it on your bucket list!
Kick stands up about 7:45 Sunday morning, and we headed home. Another day with a cool start that made for great riding. I was just thinking that it was gonna be a "no-problem" ride when things went bad for Tracey.
She lost her "bike buddy" in the middle of I-27, but he was rescued with no problem. Then a few miles on down the road, her phone took an unscheduled "flight". She flipped a u-turn, and about a quarted mile back, luckily found it, smashed, of course. She hopped back on the highway, sailed past us with a thumbs up gesture, I heard her miss a gear, and saw her immediately pulled back over to the side. Clutch was gone!! Poor Tracey...total frustration! But God is good! A couple stopped to see if they could help. They just happened to be pulling a trailer with ramps! (Turns out they were from Amarillo and were headed for Tulia to reposses a car!!) They loaded the bike on the trailer and took it into Tolia, to the PD, where she was allowed to leave it. The rest of the trip was uneventful, thank God.
We lunched in La Mesa at K-Bobs, where we waited almost an hour and a half for our food. It wasn't just us, the restaurant was full...Fathers Day...and very few people were getting food. I don't know what was going on in the kitchen, but food was super slow coming out.
We wore our colors, and I had wondered what kind of reaction we would get from the public. We had NO problems anywhere! Lots of people asked questions, and we did our best to promote a Positive biker image.
And, welcome home to Smurf and Tracey, Eddie Ray and Wilma, and Patty! From what I've been told, the Alaske cruise was amazing, with some truly beautiful country seem.
Don't forget the officers meeting on July 21st, Polos in W. Odessa, 7:00pm.
The next general meeting will be August 1st. at Casa Lopez, eat at 10:00, meeting at 10:30. We will have several things to discuss, one of which is ordering new Club T-shirts. It's been several years since we've ordered, and the new members have all expressed an interest.
I somehow omitted Johnny and Tammy Davis from membership list. Add their names to your list. REMIND ME to give you their address at the next general meeting.
Thats it for this month. Stay safe and keep the shiny side up!!
Mary T.

Back to top Go down
https://t-twisters.forumotion.com

July Newsletter 2015
Page 1 of 1