T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
Sept 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
Sept 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
Sept 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
Sept 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
Sept 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
Sept 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
Sept 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
Sept 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
Sept 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Sept 2013 Newsletter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Sept 2013 Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Sept 2013 Newsletter   Sept 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 6:15 pm

September 2013 T-Twister Newsletter
I'm sure most of you know by now that we lost our very own Richard Borgne in an accident on I-20 on August 13th. According to a friend that was riding with him, Richard simply rode off the road. No one knows for sure what happened. The world lost a good man, and we lost a great friend. Richard "Santa Claus" Borgne, you are sorely missed.
**********************************************************************************
Johnny Davis, reluctantly, had to put his pretty red trike up for sale recently. His health just won't cooperate and let him ride!! But the proud new owner of the trike is our very own Ed and Nola! I hope they enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed riding mine. Riding a trike is a completely different animal, but there are things I like better about the trike. AND...when it's the safest way for you to continue to ride, I say "go for it!"
But, Johnny, I sure hope this doesn't mean we aren't gonna see you guys anymore. Bikes are the second most important thing about this Club...friendship is, by far, the first! Hope to see you and Tammy soon!
Charles and Shirley recently made a weekend camping trip to Ft. Davis. They rode over there on the 9th and enjoyed the beautiful scenery and visiting with their PBMA friends. Shirley said the weather was great, and the grass was GREEN!! They stayed at the state park. Some others that were there are Bob and Jan Walker, and Paul and Lynn Anderson.
Nominations for 2013 officers will be at the general meeting . Please think very carefully about who you want to fill these offices: President, Secretary, Road Captain 2 and Sgt of Arms.
**********************************************************************************
Our Chili cook off is literally just around the corner! October 18-20 is less than 2 months away and we have a lot to get ready for. PRIORITY...get the raffle tickets sold!! The raffle tickets are for a $500.00 VISA card. I've got to get in gear and get the rest of mine sold. I'm shooting for winning the VISA card this year!! That sure would be nice to get right before Christmas!!
For the past several years we've had great participation and a lot of money was raised. This years profits will benefit Battered Women and Children, and CMA Pastors. So plan on coming out for a weekend of friendship, fellowship and great Chili!! Together, we can help make someone's life a little better!!
We made a flying trip to Ruidoso over the weekend. We needed to see if Al can tolerate the altitude there...oxygen wise, I mean. He did at least as good as he does at home, so now he is planning on going to the rally. We just have to figure out how he's going to put the oxygen on the bike. It'll have to go on the back seat. I'm going to follow in my car in case his "you shouldn't be going!" is bigger than his "I want to go!" That way he can get in the car and drive, and I can ride the bike.
It was really green all the way from Odessa to Ruidoso. The mountains are covered with green grass! Sadly, it'll take more years than I've got left in this old world for the trees to return. The temp was 57 degrees when we got there, and it was raining. And it smelled so good!! Fresh, cool and pine scented! I really would have liked to spend a couple of days there, but school started the next day, and most of you know what that means for me! So we had to get home, back to the driest part of the whole trip...yep, the driest part of the whole trip was my front yard in West Odessa! Sad.

A little bird was flying south for the winter. It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field. While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him. As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was. The dung was actually thawing him out! He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy. A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.

Moral of the story:
1. Not everyone who drops dung on you is your enemy
2. Not everyone who gets you out of gung is your friend
3. And when you’re in deep dung, it’s best to keep your mouth shut !
**********************************************************************************************
The Golden Aspen Motorcycle Rally in Ruidoso is less than a month away. Anyone going? We're gonna stay in Capitan, but instead of camping, we're gonna motel it. It's the easiest way for Al to go now. Even tho setting the camper up isn't hard, there's still a certain amount of physical work to it that he just isn't capable of right now. The guys are more than willing to do the work for him. On our trip to Camp Wood in June, the guys pitched in and did most of it. And Al was grateful...but his male pride was hurt. He says if he can't set it up, then we'll do something else. The thing I'll miss most about camping is the campfire at the end of the day. It was my favorite part!!
**********************************************************************************General meeting is Sept 7th, at 10:00am, Casa Lopez Midland. Officers meeting is Sept 17th, 7:00pm Polo's Odessa. Golden Aspen Rally is Sept. 8-22 Ruidoso NM. T-Twister Chili cook off is October 18-20 Water Valley
Well, folks, that's it for this month! I'll be seeing you at the meeting!
Mary T.
Back to top Go down
https://t-twisters.forumotion.com

Sept 2013 Newsletter
Page 1 of 1