T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-28

JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER Empty
PostSubject: JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER   JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:52 am

Jan. 2013 Newsletter
Why is it that when we're kids, time creeps along like cold molassas, but now, at my age, it flies like a New York minute?
Welcome to the New Year! It's here, or will be by the time this newsletter hits the Follies. As I write this, it's still a couple of days away. Do I have any resolutions? Shoot no!! I gave those up when I got mature (and honest) enough to admit they would never happen. My favorite one was "I'm gonna loose 100 pounds by June and look like Pam Anderson!" Yeah, right!! Never happened.
I've gotten to the point in my life that I kinda like myself the way I am. I've been accused of becoming "narrow minded"...and I think maybe that's true. There's a lot more "black and white" in my world...a lot less "gray". I know the difference between God and satan, (right and wrong), and I choose God. It's truely amazing how fast the right answer to a problem will pop up, when you simply as the question..."What would Jesus do?"
Al and I haven't done any riding lately, he hasn't felt very good in the past year. He seems to catch every ""bug" that flies past...I'm about ready to get a BIG can of Raid and see if I can get rid of some of those "bugs". I'll be glad when we get over the hump and can get back in the saddle. When he came home for lunch he was talking about making a trip this summer. I'm ready and I know he is!!
Congratulations go out to the newest Grandpa and Grandma in the T-Twisters, Eddie Ray and Wilma Cline. Their very first grandbaby, a beautiful healthy little boy, was born on Dec 20th. I haen't seen him yet, but I can't wait!!
Bob and Jan Walker left in the motor home after Christmas for a little solitude. They're relaxing right now in San Angelo State Park, where the weather is nice and the deer is feeding right beside them. Jan's loving it, but she said Bob is getting restless, and had to make a trip to SA to see what he just can't live without. I wish we could get away for awhile...
OK, our next general meeting is Jan. 5th, at 10:30 at Casa Lopez in Midland. I've noticed that attendance is up since we've changed the meeting place! It's been good to see familiar faces again! Come to the meeting, and bring your wallet with you, 'cause it's time to pay dues again. I'm working on the 2013 Membership list, hope to get it to you by the March meeting. Your dues must be paid in order to be on the membership list.
The next officers meeting will be at Warfield on Jan. 22, at 7:00.
When I was a young minister, a funeral director asked me to give the graveside service for a homeless man with no friends or family. The cemetery was a brand new one, and the homeless man was the first person to be laid to rest there. Being new to the area, of course I got lost, and being a man, I did not stop to ask directions. Finally, about an hour late, I found the cemetery. The backhoe was there and the crew was eating their lunch, and the hearse was nowhere to be seen. I apologized to the workers and looked into the grave. The vault lid was already in place. I told the workers I would not be long, but would they mind gathering around the opening, as this was the right thing to do. Still eating their lunch, they agreed. I was young and entheusiastic, and poured out my heart as I preached. The workers joined in with "Praise the Lord!" and "Amen!" and I kept preaching. When the service was over, I said a prayer and walked to my car. Aas I opened the door, I heard one of the workes say, "I ain't never seen anything like this before, and I been putting in septic sysems for 30 years!"
See ya at the next general meeting!
Mary
Back to top Go down
https://t-twisters.forumotion.com

JAN 2013 NEWSLETTER
Page 1 of 1