T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
June 2011 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
June 2011 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
June 2011 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
June 2011 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
June 2011 Newsletter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
June 2011 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
June 2011 Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
June 2011 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
June 2011 Newsletter Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

June 2011 Newsletter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-28

June 2011 Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: June 2011 Newsletter   June 2011 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:32 pm

June 2011 Newsletter

Our “Just Because” campout at Water Valley was a total good time! Those that camped were Eddie and Wilma, Mario and Grace, Al and Mary, Charlie and Shirley, Mike and Mel, Johnny Davis, Ed and Junior, and new member Michael Asbury with his daughter Emily. Ronnie Stephenson came for Saturday morning, but had to leave early. Mario and Grace were there first got to enjoy the peace and quiet…Mario practiced hitting his golf balls and Grace was studying for her upcoming visit to…Prague?!?! I think that’s right. She’s really excited, but says the language is really hard, she just wants to master a few phrases, just to get by.

Al and Mary, Eddie and Wilma got there shortly after noon on Friday, and that was the end to Mario and Grace’s quiet. We had just gotten our campers up when Charlie and Shirley got there, and Johnny wasn’t too far behind them. We set all the campers with the doors facing center, put two canopies up in the common area and had a nice settlement going. Mike and Mel got there middle afternoon, (ask Mike why he was FROZEN!) and for their own sanity, they put their tent about 20 feet or so away from the settlement. Poor Ed, it was so late when he got there, there was no room for him so he had to set his tent up across the road under a tree. Ed brought a relative with him, Michael Asbury, his daughter Emily and of course, Junior.

Since it was Mothers Day weekend, Eddie said he was going to do all the cooking, that we ladies could just sit around and relax, and he was true to his word. Saturday morning was sausage gravy and biscuits, lunch was sandwiches and burritos, supper was burgers ‘n beans and Sunday morning was breakfast burritos. Who says the T-Twisters don’t eat well?? We (the ladies) did help with the “goferring”, and Shirley made a kick a** pot of beans for Saturday night supper. Everyone pitched in and helped with the clean up.

The poker game Friday night was won by Michael, but Saturday night’s game was another story. I borrowed Al’s poker bag and played for awhile, but I’m no match for the big boys. I bowed out before I lost all of Al’s money, and just watched. The last game of the night was “jacks to open and trips to win”, and it was no quick win! The last hand went on for over 30 minutes, and finally ended when Eddie threw three queens on the table! I have no idea how much change was on the table, but all the other players went home with much lighter change bags than they started with!!

We had a washer tournament, but I honestly can’t remember who won that, and Mario gave golf lessons to anyone that wanted to try.

We had planned on making a late day on Sunday, just lazing around and packing up when we wanted to, but the day was forecast to be so hot that we just gave in, packed up and left early, trying to beat the heat home. It was a wonderful, no pressure weekend spent with good friends. We truly missed those of you that couldn’t make it!!

Al and I won’t be at the next general meeting. Our number one grandson, Steven, is graduating from OHS that night. I can’t believe how old that boy is making me!!
OK, here’s the birthday kiddo for the month of June…Nola on the 3rd, Billy Hodge on the 5th, Mike W. on the 7th, Johnny Davis on the 23rd and David Ellis on the 28th!! Hoping all of you have a great day, and are surrounded by family and friends!!

I got a report on Sam Phillip’s 750-15 run. There were 11-12 bikes there, and the run went pretty smoothly, cept someone (didn’t get the name) got introduced to a deer outside Sheffield. The bike got quite a bit of damage, but the rider, thank God, was OK.
We’re having one supper ride this month, on Saturday, June 18th. It’s gonna be a hat drawing, so meet at Stripes at 5:00pm to find out where we’re going!
Up coming events:
June 4-5 Belton TMRA Board meeting at River Forrest Inn
June 4 Houston Ride For Life 713-563-9230
June 10-11 Ballinger Back to Ballinger 325-650-6571
June 10-12 Decatur Not Rot 940-595-1143
June 16-19 West Tawakoni Wet-N-Wild Rally 903-447-0637
June 18-19 Magnolia 1st Summer Fun Rally 281-217-1036
June 25 Cypress TX Fallen Hero Memorial Ride 832-647-6770
July 9 Snyder Area “D” meeting 325-650-6571
July 15-17 Goldsmith Blackgold Rally

T-Twister general meeting Warfield June 3 7:30
T-Twister Officers meeting Warfield June 21 7:00pm

FATHER’S DAY is on June 19th this year. Here are my wishes for a wonderful day to all you Dads out there!
I find myself wondering...Did I give you your due..
For all that you've done for me, did I ever thank you?For all of my childhood memories, for helping me deal with life's stresses
For helping me accept my defeats and celebrate my successes?Or for teaching me the value of hard work, good judgement, courage, and being true
The laughter, smiles, and quiet times we've shared…did I ever thank you? If I have forgotten, I'm thanking you now! You taught me right from wrong.
I hope you know how much you're loved and appreciated, I hope you, instinctively, knew it all along.
Happy Fathers' Day, Dad
Love you all! Remember to keep the shiny side up!!
Mary
Back to top Go down
https://t-twisters.forumotion.com

June 2011 Newsletter
Page 1 of 1