T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
April Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
April Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
April Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
April Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
April Newsletter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
April Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
April Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
April Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
April Newsletter Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

April Newsletter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-28

April Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: April Newsletter   April Newsletter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:18 pm

April 2012 T-Twister Newsletter
Water Valley was a blast! If you missed it, you missed a good one. The weather was beautiful, sunny and warm, but Sunday morning we woke up to about 28 degrees, and our water was frozen! But it warmed up in Texas fashion, and it wasn’t long at all before we had all the water we wanted.
T-Twisters that showed up at Water Valley were: Al and Mary, Bob and Jan, Charles and Shirley, Johnny Davis, Mario, Smurf, Dennis, Ed, Don West, Dana with friends Chip and Pam, Richard B., and our newest HONORARY T-Twister and Chaplain, Pete Putman!! (and Fugley, Miss Bea, Walker, Oscar, Minnie, Oscar, Buddie, Ponchito and Cisco!) Hope I didn’t miss anyone, and if I did, my apologies!
Shirley Collins won this years traveling trophy for “Friendliest Camp”, and she won 4th place in Chili. Al won 3rd place on his first Chili try, and I did hear a rider describe Al’s Chili as “a man’s chili.” I declined to try it when I saw Ed and Mario both start to sweat as they were eating it! Sam Phillips took 2nd place in Chili and I can’t remember who took first place. Congratulations to all of you winners! Oh, yeah, and I took 1st place in beans.
Our trip was pretty well paid for when Al won the 50/50.
Our March dinner ride wasn’t very well attended, but the few that made the ride to Buddies had a great visit. Me and Al, Ed and Jr., Bob and Jan, and Smurf were the lucky ones, and we got to meet Bob and Jan’s very pretty granddaughter.
Our next dinner ride will be April 21st to Mi Piachi Italian food in Odessa. If you’ve never eaten there, you don’t know what you’re missing! Good food and generous portions…just ask Al!! Let’s all gather up at 5:30, at Stripes, and kickstands up at 5:45.
Upcoming events:
4/6 T-Twister general meeting Warfield, 7:30 pm
4/13-15 TMRA State Rally Comanche City Park
4/17 Officers meeting Warfield 7:30 pm
We need to remember some people in our prayers; Brois, Tammy Davis, Tom Webb and Don West. These are four T-Twisters that have serious health problems...let's lift them up to the Great Physician Himself and let Him control their needs. Next time, it might be one of us that needs prayer...
Ed and Al are planning a ride to Red River NM instead of going to Ruidoso over Memorial Day. There is an open invitation to anyone that wants to tag along!! I know Mario has said he wants to go…it sounds like a lot of fun to me! I think they will leave on Wednesday the 23rd and be back on the evening of the 28th. If you think you’d like to go, contact either one of them and find out what the final plans are.
IMPORTANT: In order to get the 20th anniversary patch, you must be a PAID member by the April 2012 general meeting! Be sure and come to the meeting to find out more about the parch and how to get it!
Be sure and try to make the TMRA State Rally. It’s April 13-15, at the Comanche City Park, Comanche TX. Come to the meeting to see who is planning on going, and when.
The PBMA Annual 750-15 Ride is scheduled for May 5th. I don’t have any information on this ride, if you’re interested, call Jan Walker at 432-366-6432. She ‘ll be able to answer any question you might have.
And, by the way, May 5th is also Bob and Jan Walker’s 50th anniversary!! That’s right, 50 years together! Happy anniversary to a wonderful couple, and here’s wishing you 50 more!

************ Just a Chuckle**********
Nothing like a Ford Truck. New Truck built by a company we didn't bail out. I bought a new Ford F250 Tri-Flex Fuel Truck Go figure it runs on either hydrogen, gasoline, or E85.
I returned to the dealer yesterday because I couldn't get the radio to work. The service technician explained that the radio was voice activated.
'Nelson,' the technician said to the radio.
The radio replied, 'Ricky or Willie?'
'Willie!' he continued and 'On The Road Again' Came from the speakers.
Then he said, 'Ray Charles!', and in an instant ' Georgia On My Mind' replaced Willie Nelson..
I drove away happy, and for the next few days, Every time I'd say, 'Beethoven,' I'd get beautiful classical music, and if I said, 'Beatles,' I'd get one of their awesome songs.
Yesterday, some guy ran a red light and nearly creamed my new truck, but I swerved in time to avoid him. I yelled, 'A** Hole!' , and immediately the radio responded with,
“Ladies and gentlemen… The President of The United States.”
Damn I love this truck....
Don’t forget to attend the Church of your choice on April 8th, to celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. When Jesus was asked this question, “How much do you love me?” He answered, “This much, my child.” and spread His arms wide, and died.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him, should not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world, through Him, might be saved. He that believeth is not condemned, but he that believeth not, is condemned already, because he has not believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18
Love you all,
Ride safe and keep the shiny side up!
Mary T.

Back to top Go down
https://t-twisters.forumotion.com

April Newsletter
Page 1 of 1