T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
May 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
May 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
May 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
May 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
May 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
May 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
May 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
May 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
May 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

May 2014 Newsletter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mel

Mel

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-04-05

May 2014 Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: May 2014 Newsletter   May 2014 Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:26 am

May 2014 T-Twister Newsletter
Our sincere condolences go out to Shirley Collins in the recent loss of her brother, Jack. Jack lost a long, hard fought battle with cancer. Many of us met him and his wife Sandy at a Camp Wood campout about 2 years ago.
My life has totally changed since January when I last did the newsletter. It's ironic how something you're expecting to happen, something you know is coming, seems to be so totally unexpected when it actually happens. I'm doing pretty good, have my bad days and my good days, and that's normal. I have friends and family that are continuing to surround me, keep me busy. That's necessary. To my T-Twister family, you mean more to me than you'll ever know.
One of the hardest things I've having to adjust to, (and have not gotten completely there yet) is having to ask for help. It's such a hard thing to do when you've always been independent. And Al was always my "safety net". He took care of the things around the house; he would come rescue me if I had car problems; he always checked the bikes out to get ready to go riding and camping. Now these things are my own responsibility.
There were many 'firsts' for me in going to State Rally. My first State Rally. The first time I've ridden without Al. The first time I pulled a Kwik Kamp myself. The first time I've pulled a BIG camper behind a pick-up...well, second time, really. The first time I've ridden solo in rain and high winds pulling the Kwik Kamp. But in all this, I was never alone. I was surrounded by people that care about me, and never got frustrated when it took longer because I was learning to do things.
Now, about State Rally...what a great time I had! I rode to Midland and met up with the group. We headed out in beautiful, sunny, HOT weather! At Sweetwater I let Charlie C. ride my bike and I pulled his camper all the way to Comanche. We set up camp in the pretty Comanche city park. Pete was already there, along with Tom and Tommye. Johnny Davis came in later in the evening. That made 16 of us...Charles and Shirley, Ed and Nola, Russel and Linda, Smurf and Tracey, Eddie and Anita, me, Patty, the TJ's, Johnny and Pete. We had 4 visitors, Ed Dailing's brother Dallas and wife Trisha, and Terry and Tracie Bates.
That weekend reminded me once again of the importance of our campouts. It's during these times that we really get to know our new members, and visitors. Yes, we do visit during the general meetings, but that's not 'up close and personal'. Campouts are. You start learning what people are really about, what they like and don't like and sometimes you realize that you have things in common. Eddie and Anita realized they like trikes! Well, Anita does! And campouts are just a good excuse to ride.
Tommye won the 20 in the 50\30\20 drawing, Dallas Dailing won 2nd in the poker run, Eddie and Anita won 1st in their very first bike game (on my trike!), Ed won 2nd in the bike show, and our very own Shirley Collins won the ceder chest! (I missed it by 9 tickets!!) And... I would have won long distance lady rider, 'cept, remember? I let Charlie ride my bike in!!
The ride home was interesting...we left Comanche in pouring rain. (I TRIED to bring it home, but it just wouldn't follow!!) Then, it cleared off and we had nice riding for awhile. We lunched in Ballinger, and left there in sand blasting, howling wind! We fought that mess all the way home. But everyone made it home, no problems that I know of, and a good time was had by all.
The April Lunch ride ended up wet. Ed and Jr., Eddie Ray, Smurf, and Pete Klein made the ride to the Halfway Bar and Grill between Hobbs and Carlsbad. Ed reported that they dodged rain coming and going, and did, at one point, get rained on. They said the food was good. Of course! They had NM green chili cheeseburgers! I do love those green chili cheeseburgers!! But I missed the ride...I'm going to mark the NEXT lunch ride on my calender so I don't miss it...
AND the NEXT LUNCH RIDE will be May 10th. We will meet at 9:00am at the old Stripes on the Garden City Hwy, and head out for Henrys Mexican Food in San Angelo on Chadbourn St. They are supposed to have really good chicken fried steak! HOWEVER, we will NOT be riding on hwy 158. Due to the construction Ed will be leading us a different way. Lets try to make this ride a well attended one!
May general meeting is May 3, 10:00 am at Casa Lopez in Midland. There are several things that will be discussed, some of which are the black satin jackets; Ruidoso; the crosses; and possible changes in our November Toys for Tots ride. If you've missed the meetings recently, you're also missing meeting our new prospective members. We have several couples that have expresed an interest, and have paid their dues. So come introduce yourselves!
At last count...(if I counted right) we have 13 people committed to going on the Colorado trip, and a couple strong 'maybes'. If you're interested, come to the meeting and find out the details. I'm going, and I'm excited.
OK, folks, I guess I need to close this. Remember the general meeting on the 3rd, and the officers meeting on the 20th at Polo's in Odessa. Looking forward to seeing ya there!!
Ride safe and keep the shiny side up! Mary

Back to top Go down

May 2014 Newsletter
Page 1 of 1