T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
December 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
December 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
December 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
December 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
December 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
December 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
December 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
December 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
December 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

December 2013 Newsletter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mel

Mel

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-04-05

December 2013 Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: December 2013 Newsletter   December 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:34 am

December 2013 Newsletter

There is NO general meeting this month!!
Instead we will be having our Christmas party on Dec. 7th at Ed and Nola's house. It starts at 6:00pm. The Club will furnish the meat and bread, and will have coffee, tea and water to drink. If you want something different to drink, be sure to bring it. Bring a covered dish and a dessert.
We will also have a White Elephant gift exchange, which is ALWAYS a lot of fun!! Be sure that the gift you bring has a value of 20.00 or LESS!! And, as always, children are welcome, but if you bring a child, bring a gift for them to open so they won't be left out.

Al and I didn't make the dinner ride to La Mesa, but we heard it was well attended and fun. I'm hoping he's feeling well enough that we can make the next one, which will be planned for sometime in Jan.

The officers meeting for Dec will be early, the 17th, because the normal date falls on Christmas Eve.
The next General meeting is Jan 4th.

I found something I wanted to share with everyone. I hate to say that hit home with me...but it absolutely did!! I saw myself WAY to much in it! I claim this prayer for the remainder of my life.
A Prayer For The Middle Aged

"Lord, thou know better than I myself that I am getting older, and will someday be old. Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking that I must say something on every subject and on every occasion. Release me from craving to straighten out everyone's affairs. Make me thoughtful, but not moody; helpful, but not bossy. With my vast store of wisdom, it seems a pity not to use it all, but Thou knowest, Lord, that I want a few friends at the end. Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details; give me wings to get to the point. Seal my lips on my aches and pains. They are increasing and love of rehearsing them is becoming sweeter as the years roll by. I dare not ask for grace enough to enjoy the tales of others' pains, but help me to endure them with patience. I dare not ask for improved memory, but for a growing humility and a lessening cocksuredness when my memory seems to clash with the memories of others. Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be mistaken. Keep me reasonable, sweet. I do not want to be a saint---some of them are so hard to live with, but a sour old person is one of the crowning works of the devil. Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places and talents in unexpected people. Give me the grace to tell them so. Amen."

I've seen some discussion on Facebook with people arguing about the true date of Christ's birth. It absolutely cannot be December 25th for "this reason, or that reason."
I wouldn't argue the point, because to me, arguing about the date is foolish. I'm sure there are valid points in each argument, but the fact remains that December 25th is the date that is accepted worldwide. I want to know...what does the exact date matter?
The IMPORTANT thing is the FACT that out Lord and Savior was born! God sent His only begotten Son to earth, to love us, to lead us and to teach us! The love that God showed for us when He did this is unimaginable! He knew that His Son would die the most horrible death known to man, that mankind would mock Him, beat Him and torment Him. And God did this for one reason, and one reason ONLY...that you and I would have the chance to go to Heaven when we die! And all we have to do is ACCEPT the gift that God holds out to us, His Son Jesus, as our SAVIOR, and as the Lord of our lives.

God holds out the Gift...we must reach up and accept it. What could be simpler than that?
Merry Christmas to all of you! Mary
Back to top Go down

December 2013 Newsletter
Page 1 of 1