T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
Feb. 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
Feb. 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
Feb. 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
Feb. 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
Feb. 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
Feb. 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
Feb. 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
Feb. 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
Feb. 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Feb. 2013 Newsletter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Feb. 2013 Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Feb. 2013 Newsletter   Feb. 2013 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 5:34 pm

February 2013 T-Twister Newsletter
I have really enjoyed the past several days of warm weather. While this winter,so far, hasn't been intensly cold, at least here, it has stayed too cold to enjoy going outside for anything, much less riding. On the days the sun has shone, I've taken a chair around to the south side of the house, out of the cold NE wind, and just basked in the warmth of the sun. Gettin' that needed dose of vitamin D, ya know!!
Plans are being made for the quickly upcoming Area D Chili Cook-off that's held annually at Water Valley. Make your plans to be there, we ALWAYS have a blast! It's the first weekend of March, the 1st-3rd.
The Feb. general meeting is on Saturday the 2nd, at Casa Lopez, in Midland. We are still collecting dues, so if you haven't paid yours, bring your wallet and be prepared to shell out!! OK, guys, it won't hurt THAT much...$20.00 pays for a FAMILY membeship for a year, and that's still the best entertainment bargain around!!
The officers meeting is Feb. 19, at Warfield...7:00pm.
My apologies, friends, for this very short letter. A lot has happened in the past month, and I'm more than a little brain dead. Some of you already know that Al has been diagonosed with advanced lung cancer. It was confirmed Dec 31st. Since then he has had a lung biopsy on his left lung, a CT, a bone scan, an MRI on his head, a PET scan, a second full body CT, 3 weeks of rsdiation, 3 sessions of chemo and a second needle biopsy into his right lung. He coughed during the biopsy of his right lung and developed a "air leak". They held him at the hospital for a couple of hours to see if the lung was gonna collapse...it didn't, so they sent us home with a warning to watch for several things which would indicate it had collapsed. That was the 23rd. Yesterday, on the 26th, I took him to the ER with all the warning signs!! Turns out that the lung HAD collapsed, so they poked a chest tube through his ribs and admitted him. As we were leaving to come home last night, we saw the chest tube lying on the floor...it had came out! So they called a surgeon from Midland to come over and put another tube in. I left about midnight to come home. Then, about 6 this morning, before I got back up there, somehow the tube started leaking and a find mess it was before they get him all cleaned up. He is very tired and in a lot of pain. I'm hoping, if things go well, that he might come home Tues or Wed.
The Talking Centipede

A single guy decided life would be more fun
if he had a pet. So he went to the pet store
and told the owner that he wanted to buy an unusual pet.
After some discussion, he finally bought a talking centipede,
(100-legged bug), which came in a little white box to use for his house. He took the box back home, found a good spot for the box,
and decided he would start off by taking his new pet to church with him.
So he asked the centipede
in the box, "Would you like to go
to church with me today? We will have a good time." But there was no answer from his new pet. This bothered him a bit,
but he waited a few minutes and then asked again, "How about going to church with me and receive blessings?"
But again, there was no answer from his new friend and pet.
So he waited a few minutes more, thinking about the situation.
The guy decided to invite the centipede one last time.

This time he put his face up against the centipede's house and shouted,
"Hey, in there! Would you like to go to church with me
and learn about God?"
This time, a little voice came out of the box,

"I heard you the first time! I'm putting my shoes on!"

Love you all!
Mary T.

Back to top Go down
https://t-twisters.forumotion.com

Feb. 2013 Newsletter
Page 1 of 1