T-Twisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Twisters

Place for T-Twisters to hang out

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» July 2016 Newsletter
Jan. 2015 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am by

» APRIL 2016 NEWSLETTER
Jan. 2015 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am by

» March 2016 Newsletter
Jan. 2015 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm by

» January 2016 Newsletter
Jan. 2015 Newsletter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm by

» Toy Run?
Jan. 2015 Newsletter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm by

» November 2015 Newsletter
Jan. 2015 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm by

» September 2015 Newsletter
Jan. 2015 Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm by

» August 2015 Newsletter
Jan. 2015 Newsletter Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am by

» July Newsletter 2015
Jan. 2015 Newsletter Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm by

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of T-Twisters on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Jan. 2015 Newsletter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Jan. 2015 Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Jan. 2015 Newsletter   Jan. 2015 Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 1:02 pm

January 2015 T-Twister Newsletter
I sat down this morning to start the newsletter, and ended up on Facebook, just scrolling. I was on several walls, looking at pictures and enjoying many memories. I laughed, and I cried. What a year 2014 was for me.
It's hard to believe that Al's been gone almost a year. The emotional ride has been a wild one...mountain top highs, shadow valley lows and always that deep, black, bottomless hole that I've been only a stumbling, halfstep away from. But, thanks to Almighty God, my wonderful girls and my amazing FRIENDS, I'm making it. And I think, maybe, that black hole isn't quite as close as it was.
2014 was a year of firsts...a cruise to Cozumel with friends; my first solo campout to State Rally; first solo trip to Colorado with my Twisted Family; a new position at work; making big changes at home (Day of Destruction). There are things I want to do, but don't want to do them alone. That's one change I haven't figured out how to deal with yet. Being alone. But I will.
OK, enough already!
According to all reports, the Christmas party was a BLAST!! (I missed it, at the last minute I found out I had to teach a certification class at work that night!) First off, THANK YOU to Charles and Shirley for opening your home to this wild bunch once again. Those in attendance were: Charles and Shirley; Ed and Nola; Eddie Ray, Wilma, Charlie and Branson; Dennis and Denise; Jim and Carla; Eddie, Anita and Ector; Tracie and Terry; Smurf and Tracey; Pete and Janice; Mario and Grace; Mike Blodgett. The food was plentiful and the fellowship couldn't be beat.
Several people made a day ride to Ft. Davis. I didn't write down the names of who made that ride, but I know Ed went, and Pete, and Patty. I know there were others! My apologies for those I can't name!
Dues are due at the January general meeting. Still $20.00 a year for a family, still the best bargain in town for a year' worth of fun!! I will have the new membership roster out at the April meeting . Only paid up members will be on the list.
For any of you that don't already know, our oldest member, Tom Webb, passed away in mid December. We will be ordering crosses for him in the near future.
There will be a proposed new constitutional by law presented at the January meeting. Please plan on being in attendance to discuss this. The by law, if adopted, will affect some members.
The T-Twisters were invited to ride in theMidland Christmas Parade this year. There were 6 people that showed up to ride. Tracey said it was a lot of fun and she really enjoyed it. It was something she had wanted to do for a long time!
The January general meeting is on Jan 3rd. Same time, 10:00am at Casa Lopez in Midland.
Starting next newsletter, I'm going to be posting up coming events again. So, Dennis, if you have any, I'd appreciate your sending them. Hopefully this spring and summer will be riding ones for me. I've been in my new job long enough now that I won't feel bad about taking off. We are going to be planning our yearly campouts at the January general meeting...do you want some input in the destinations? Be sure to be at the meeting!
On New Year's Day
-Kenn Nesbitt

On New Year's Day a year ago, I started off the year by making resolutions that were probably severe.

I said I'd save my money, as this seemed so very wise. I vowed I would improve my health. I swore I'd exercise.

I stated I would do my homework every single day. I'd brush my teeth religiously to ward off tooth decay.

I'd eat my fruits and vegetables and keep my bedroom clean. I'd treat my sister kindly though she's often very mean.

My resolutions lasted me about a half a day. I promised I would keep them but I broke them anyway.

So now I'm fat and penniless. My homework's overdue. My sister's mad. My teeth are bad. My room is messy too.

And yet I think I may have found the best of all solutions, and this year I've resolved to not make ANY resolutions.
A Cowboy's Prayer
Oh Lord, I reckon I'm not much just by myself. I fail to do a lot of things I ought to do.
But Lord, when trails are steep and passes high, Help me ride it straight the whole way through.
And when in the falling dusk I get the final call, I do not care how many flowers they send --
Above all else the happiest trail would be For You to say to me, "Let's ride, My friend."
Amen
That's it for this month. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up!
Mary T.

Back to top Go down
https://t-twisters.forumotion.com

Jan. 2015 Newsletter
Page 1 of 1